Monday, February 19, 2007

TRAPPED-IN-AN-ALIEN-GROTTO PICKS

Mission Log: 20/45.356/40/900. I've accidentally crash landed on the dark side of the distant, hostile and volcanic planet Andromalavalis and found refuge in a grotto. I'm certain that no one will be coming to rescue me so I'm stuck here for a hell of a long time. The only thing that survived the crash (besides myself) is a can of farting beans, my mini leatherman and my Sony Discman (good thing I splurged and bought the Sports Shockwave) and my CD collection. The major problem was that my CD space-travel wallet could only hold 20 discs so I had to choose my selection carefully. Here is a database of the discs I have picked (in no particular order) to keep me from going bananas:

1. Wilco - Being There Disc 1
2. Wilco - Being There Disc 2
3. Tapes 'n Tapes - The Loon
4. Beck - The Information
5. Califone - Sometimes Good Weather Follows Bad People
6. The Clash - Sandinista Disc 1
7. The Clash - Sandinista Disc 2
8. Destroyer - Streethawk: A Seduction
9. Fischerspooner - Odyssey
10. Fugazi - In On The Kill Taker
11. I Monster - Neveroddoreven
12. Mogwai - Happy Songs For Happy People
13. Primal Scream - Vanishing Point
14. Sebastien Tellier - L'incroyable vérité
15. Spoon - Girls Can Tell
16. Boards of Canada - The Campfire Headphase
17. Klaxons - Myths of the Near Future
18. Low - Secret Name
19. Sinoia Caves - Enchanter Persuaded
20. Primal Scream - Evil Heat

I would have taken these discs but they weren't in their cases!?! Where the hell did I put them?

Pixies - Doolittle
Moving Units - Dangerous Dreams
Melvins - Stoner Witch
Jimi Tenor - Out of Nowhere
Sonic Youth - Goo

Now I've tried to make myself comfortable between two stalagmites on what could best be described as a huge pile of guano and I'm going to start listening to some music.

No comments: