Sunday, December 28, 2008

LAND OF THE LOST


OH SHIT. SLEESTAKS APLENTY! I know I'm probably a little behind the times on this but the other day I was perusing Gio Entertainment and found that Land of the Lost is coming to the big screen with Will Ferrell on June 5 , 2009. Methinks you'll be seeing sleestaks everywhere come summer and a number of Sleestak costumes next hallow's eve.
I loved Land of the Lost when I was a god damn farting child along with a lot of the other Sid & Marty Krofft low-budge bullshit they shovelled. For me, it was probably the most freakiest show on TV. I remember being scared for the humans and got kinda anxious when I heard the sleestaks' hisses. I'm sure if I watched the show today I'd shake my head and wonder what I saw in it, but I certainly enjoyed it. I love how true-to-the-original the sleestacks look! The fact that they still look like men in rubber suits is great and I'm glad they're not CG or modernized to a point where they look "real."

Of course my all-time favourite Sid & Marty Krofft show was Bigfoot and Wildboy which I have a puzzle of and LP recorded vinyl disc-a-thing that requires a crude needle to play it?!?! Here's the opening for the series!

1 comment:

Enik1138 said...

If you're interested in Land of the Lost, you might want to visit my fan site with coverage of both versions of the TV series and the latest news on the upcoming movie.

http://personal.linkline.com/enik1138/