Friday, March 26, 2010

AXE COP

I admit when I first read an Axe Cop, I wasn't all that impressed. I loved the art but thought that the stories were a bit stupid and randomly dumb. It wasn't until a couple of weeks ago that I learned that Axe Cop is written by 5-year old Malachai Nicolle (now 6) and illustrated by his incredibly talented 29 year-old brother, Ethan. After I figured that out, I went back to the beginning to re-read them and it all makes perfect sense! Pure genius! Head over to the Axe Cop site for a real awesome time and it'll remind you what being 5 years old was all about -- dinosaurs, blood, axes, super-heroes, swords, robots, ninjas, aliens, bombs. I'm going to get all of the aforementioned items tattooed on my chest and neck tomorrow.



1 comment:

Kate said...

Hnuh. Simon Pegg was tweeting about this a couple of weeks ago.

Are you on Twitter? I is there:
http://twitter.com/darth_kate_r

Prefer it over Jerkbook, where people seem to base their sense of self-worth on how many "friends" they have. And most of those "friends" don't give two shits about their "friends"; makes for awkward run-ins. Fo' sho'!

Jerkbook: popularity contest a la high school, with the same dynamics. Bleech! I fled from there at the end of December, and am a MUCH happier person for it :)