Wednesday, April 01, 2009

PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES

At Halfsquatch, I only dwell in the world of truth and do not cater to spending my time thinking of funny things to do to people. That is beneath me. So even though it is April 1st, please do not take this post as a joke. IT IS REAL.

Author Seth Grahame-Smith took advantage of the Jane Austen classic Pride & Prejudice and added zombies. The book is in the public domain so he had every right to butcher it and I'm glad he did. Grahame-Smith extracted and added to lots of the books text so that the main characters don't just sit around and yammer on and on but now they do so with zombies at the parlor doors. The publisher, Quirk Books, is planning on doing more of this and I just may jump in and try it myself. I am a successful author and I do love zombies so I should merge my writing skills and love of zombies and hatred of classics and add some much needed spice to them. I might take Moby Dick and have old what's-his-face in a jetpack.

Here's the Amazon link to Pride & Prejudice & Zombies.

1 comment:

CAMacKinnon said...

It's being developed into a movie, too.

(HSX.com also reported a Pride & Predator movie being developed, but I'm guessing that one was the April Fool's joke.)