Monday, October 02, 2006

BURGER KING: THE MOVIE

It's about time! I'm not a movie fanatic like my friends Gio or Monkey, but I do like good movies, so when I caught wind of a scoop like this, I started to do some research. Here's what I dug up.

1. Warner Brothers are making a film with the working title Burger King: The Movie.
2. Dave Navarro is in talks with WB about the lead role as Sir Angus, the Burger King.
3. There have been 2 or 3 story ideas flying around.
4. There is no director attached to the movie as of yet, however rumour has it that Michel Gondry has been approached. When I heard the premis of this movie, I thought, yup, Michel would suit this (more on this in a moment). Spike Lee too would be a good choice in director but I don't know if he's been approached or not. Also, it seems like a cheap rip-off of Being John Malkovich so I doubt he'll want anything to do with it.
5. WB wants to release this movie in the summer of 2008 and gearing it for PG-13.

Look at the pictures below. I think Dave Navarro would be a good choice for Sir Angus.


So what is the premis of this radically intense summer blockbuster? Here's what managed to find out. Set in the near future, a hobo discovers a quantum leaping-type temporal displacement machine (kind of looks like a jet-pack/back-pack). The hobo manages to figure out how control it but due to the complexities of the machine, can't control it well. On one of the hobo's many morning walks, he finds a film crew shooting a Burger King commercial. The hobo decides to try and use his new gadget, sneak onto set "invisibly" and make off with the craft-service goods. In using the machine, he temporally displaces himself into the actor playing the Burger King mascot, Sir Angus (Dave Navarro). When things go haywire with the temporal displacement machine, Sir Angus and the hobo become infused with each other. From what I can tell, this is not a "Freaky Friday" type thing. It seems to be more along the lines of Invasion of the Body Snatchers only Dave Navarro isn't really cloned by an alien parasite, but by a local hobo. That's all I know. I'm sure some of these details are still being worked out and like I said, there's more than one idea flying around. I will keep you up to date with any further announcements on Burger King: The Movie.

No comments: