Saturday, December 16, 2006

I'M SUPER FESTIVE

Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm a HUGE CHRISTMAS person. For me it's everything about the CHRISTMAS. I love the Jesus, I love the Santa, I love it all! There's nothing in the world that's better than receiving the presents except for one thing: the DECORATING. I'm all for it and as soon as BORING OLD HALLOWE'EN is over, I am outside preparing the house for the CHRISTMAS! When it gets closer to THE DATE, I usually take an unpaid week off of the work so that I can set it all up.

Every year, I go down to my favourite Canadian Tire with my Canadian Tire "money" (this year I had $86.00) and spend it all (as well as some of my real money) on, yup, you guessed it, the CHRISTMAS decorations. I go bananas over the stuff. This year I spent $400 (including the 86 CT bucks) on new stuff that never existed before! I also got some more LED lights (I have to tell you, the LED lights are saving me a fortune on my electrical bill--this CHRISTMAS, I've calculated that I'll only spend approx. $600 for the electricity as opposed to the $5200 that it used to run me). Last year I broke my pelvis after falling off the ladder after getting fully electrocuted by an electroactive wire and Monkey and Craig had to come over and finish the job for me (I paid them 10 Canadian Tire bucks/hour). This year I was more safety conscious and it went really smoothly with nary a shock nor tumble (WOOT!) so sorry Craig & Andrew, but there's no work or hot cocoa for you this year!


No comments: